The Buddy Program was developed as a way of formalizing the relationship between new members and veteran members. The program offers a structured setting in which to develop beneficial one-on-one relationships between members. Acting as a friend, a teacher, and a guide to the real world, buddies have the opportunity to encourage and advise new members by sharing their own experiences and knowledge of the HR profession and the PHRA.
Purpose of the Program:
- Familiarize new members with the member benefits of the PHRA and the events held by the PHRA
- Gain an experienced HR practitioner's perspective on real-life situations
- Identify long-term professional development needs and how the PHRA can help with these needs
- Realize the value of networking
- Develop a meaningful professional relationship over a specified period of time
How does the Buddy Program work?
We have a group of volunteers, mostly from the PHRA Board of Directors, who have offered to be mentors for our Buddy Program. You would provide me the information below, and I would send that on to one of the volunteers. They would reach out to you within 48 hours, and it would be up to you two on where the Buddy Program relationship goes from there. Some options are having a phone conversation, meeting up at a PHRA event, etc. Just depends what you two find best.
If you are interested in participating in the program please contact the PHRA office at DSnyder@PittsburghHRA.org or 412-261-5537.