Who Should Enroll?
Any HR Professional looking to advance their career.
Why choose the Pittsburgh Human Resources Association (PHRA) for SHRM Certification Prep?
- Our 86% pass rate for the SHRM-CP and 71% pass rate for the SHRM-SCP far exceeds the national pass rates.
- We are one of the few chapters in the country that is recognized as a SHRM Education Partner.
- We are a SHRM Recertification Pre-Approved Provider, so we are ready to help after you pass the test and need to keep up with your recertification credits.
- Past students have noted that our prep course instructors:
- Provide great real-world experiences inline with SHRM principles
- Have applicable HR experience per their functional areas
- Have strong command of the material and provide examples that relate to the concepts
"After recently passing the SHRM-CP exam, I attest a lot of my success to the PHRA SHRM- CP/SCP prep course. I believe the course was extremely instrumental in preparing me for the exam. The instructors provided great insight and knowledge on the subject matter and explained the functional areas in a simplistic way. The exam was certainly challenging but without the help of the prep class and the SHRM Learning System I don’t think I would have seen the same results. I highly recommend attending this course to anyone who is considering pursuing these certifications."
- Megan Rodgers, SHRM-CP
Why Choose SHRM Certification?
PHRA SHRM Prep Course Description:
- Date & Times:
- Mondays* from August 27 - November 12 | 6:00 p.m to 9:30 p.m.
- *Class on Labor Day will be held that Tuesday instead.
- Includes a placeholder for a makeup session, if needed.
- + BONUS introduction session on Monday, August 20 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- You will have the opportunity to meet the instructors, other classmates, and pick up your SHRM Learning System
- + BONUS Saturday Review Session on November 17
- PHRA Training Center, One Gateway Center, 420 Fort Duquesne Blvd, Pittsburgh, 15222
- $1,199 for PHRA Members
- $1,350 for non-members
- Non-member rate includes a 1-year PHRA Professional Membership
- Already have the 2018 SHRM Learning System? PHRA Members can purchase the class only for $600
- We recommend a minimum of two years of HR experience, however, please be aware that to be eligible to sit for the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams, you must meet specific educational and work experience criteria at the time you submit your application.
- What You Get:
- The 2018 SHRM Learning System Online & Print - Providing you with an interactive, personalized path toward success.
- This system also includes: Smartstudy tools, over 1,500 practice questions, flashcards (online & print format), resource center, post-test, access to learning tools for 18 months from date of purchase, and more!
- Weekly in-person, expert-lead working sessions to guide you through each functional area with discussion, real-life scenarios questions & answers, and test preparation.
- PowerPoints (print & digital) to follow along with classes.
- A BONUS full-day Saturday Review session.
Steps to SHRM Certification:
1. Determine your eligibility.
2. Apply for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam.
3. Prepare for the certification exam with a PHRA prep class - REGISTER TODAY!
4. Take the exam and leverage your certification.
For complete certification details, visit shrmcertification.org.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- Written cancellations received before Monday, August 13, 2018 will receive a full refund.
- Due to the materials, administration, and resources required to run the course, no refunds will be given after August 13.
- Our guarantee: If you are present for (and sign into) all classes in the prep course and Saturday review, and do not pass your exam, you can attend our next prep class for free. Does not include a new set of the SHRM Learning System.
Questions? Contact the PHRA office at 412-261-5537 or e-mail us.