Frequently Asked Questions
Can I earn recertification credits taking this course?
If you have already earned the SHRM Certification, you can obtain up to 36 professional development credits (if you are attending this program for professional development only).
How long is the course?
Beginning on Tuesday, February 19th, this course is held every Monday for twelve weeks, with a BONUS Saturday review session. Class on President's Day (Feb.18) will be held the following Tuesday (Feb. 19) instead.
Why choose the Pittsburgh Human Resources Association (PHRA) for SHRM Certification Prep?
- Our 86% pass rate for the SHRM-CP and 71% pass rate for the SHRM-SCP far exceeds the national pass rates.
- We are one of the few chapters in the country that is recognized as a SHRM Education Partner.
- We are a SHRM Recertification Pre-Approved Provider, so we are ready to help after you pass the test and need to keep up with your recertification credits.
- Past students have noted that our prep course instructors:
- Provide great real-world experiences inline with SHRM principles
- Have applicable HR experience per their functional areas
- Have strong command of the material and provide examples that relate to the concepts
What will I receive for my investment?
- The 2019 SHRM Learning System Online & Print - Providing you with an interactive, personalized path toward success.
- This system also includes: Smartstudy tools, over 1,500 practice questions, flashcards (online & print format), resource center, post-test, access to learning tools for 18 months from date of purchase, and more!
- Weekly in-person, expert-lead working sessions to guide you through each functional area with discussion, real-life scenarios questions & answers, and test preparation.
- PowerPoints (print & digital) to follow along with classes.
- A BONUS full-day Saturday Review session.
Are there options for financial support?
What if I already own the SHRM Learning System?
Select the "I already own the 2019 SHRM Learning System" ticket during the registration process to submit payment for the course ONLY.
PHRA Members can purchase the class only for $600 (Non-members $750)
Is the SHRM exam included with this course?
This course does not include the final exam or exam fee, however, practice exams are included.
Will certification add to my credibility?
Cancellation & Refund Policy: