8:00 a.m.- Networking
8:30 a.m.- Program
10:30 a.m.- Program concludes
PHRA Members: $39
Goals and Objectives:
1) Increase participant knowledge of the connection between facial expressions and emotions
2) Increase audience ability to accurately identify the 7 universal facial expressions to enhance the rapport building process
3) Increase audience ability to accurately decode emotion(s) through microexpressions to improve interview outcomes
Upon completion of this 2-hour workshop, participants will be able to:
1) Discuss the connection between facial expressions and emotions
2) Discuss the 7 universal facial expressions
3) Discuss the speed (macro and micro) and intensity (strong and subtle) of facial expressions
4) Demonstrate an ability to decode emotion(s) through microexpressions
About Ryan: Ryan West has spent the past five years applying his expertise of nonverbal communication and personality theories to the workplace, focusing on leadership development, team building, and customer service. Ryan firmly believes that Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is the highway upon which all top-performing teams operate; communication is the vehicle, and a positive attitude the fuel. Fortunately, anyone can increase their EQ through learning and practice, and there are many simple techniques that can boost one’s EQ immediately. Ryan is certified to professionally practice the Myers-Briggs® Personality Inventory through Executive Strategies International, Inc., and maintains his Certified Forensic Interviewer® credential through the Center for Interviewing Standards and Assessment, specializing in body language interpretation. Ryan also continues work in the addictions field for Greenbriar Treatment Center, serving as the Manager of Corporate Trainings & Business Development. He received his bachelor’s degree in criminology with a double minor in sociology and economics, and his master’s degree in psychology with an industrial-organizational concentration.
Disclaimer: Registration and attendance at, or participation in, PHRA programs and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to our use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions and audiotapes of such programs and activities.
Pittsburgh Human Resources Association is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.The use of the HRCI seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
Cancellation Policy: Written cancellations received before Friday, May 17, 2019 will receive a full refund. No refunds will be given after May 17. Substitutes are welcome with advance written notice.