8:00 a.m.- Networking
8:30 a.m.- Program
10:00 a.m.- Program concludes
PHRA Members: $39
What is Workforce Planning
- Hiring the right people with the right skills at the right time.
Why Workforce Planning is important
- Aid the organization in achieving business goals
- Easy running of business (right amount of people, right skills, employee development-training)
- Bridging Gap (gapping the bridge between talent needs and availability)
- Internal Grooming (Understanding your workforce talent and training needs)
- Challenges with staying compliant
- Resume Bias
- Retaining Talent (proper documentation with performance reviews)
- Consistency in hiring practices (questions asked during the interview)
- Knowing what to ask during the interview process
- Avoid Casual comments during interview
- Writing non-discriminative job ads
- Background checking process
What Organizations can do to ensure they are following best practices
- How to avoid resume bias
- Writing non-discriminative job ads
- Asking the right questions in interview and how to document interviewees responses
- Consent when conducting background checks (always avoid selective spot checks)
- Retaining talent (importance of performance reviews and how proper documentation can ensure compliancy)
- Be aware of new laws that ban employers from seeking salary history information or criminal history and make sure recruiting is legally compliant
- Understand how technology and mobile applications can aid recruiting while ensuring security and compliancy
About Shayna: Before beginning her career in HR, Shayna Robinson has always had a drive for helping her colleagues succeed and improving workplace culture. Being behind the scenes but having a huge impact in the work place is what drove Shayna to jumpstart her career in HR. In 5 years she has gained diverse human resources experience that includes working w/ small startups and multi-national organizations. She has extensive hands on experience leading HR initiatives including training and development, performance management, compliance, talent management, and workforce planning. Shayna is the founder of the HR outsourcing agency, Super HRO where she provided clients HR and Admin support. She also works at ADP as a HR Business consultant where she advises clients on how to handle complex challenges in their organization. In her role she gains an understanding for client’s business requirements and configures a solution. Prior to joining ADP Shayna worked as a HR Administrator for 1-800-BOARDUP where she lead the HR department, created a learning and development program, and initiated various other company initiatives. While at 1-800-BOARDUP she supported the leadership team to ensure alignment of HR strategies with business goals. Shayna earned her Bachelors of Arts Degree in Business from Point Park University with a major in Organizational Leadership and is a member of the Society of Human Resources Management. Currently she is pursuing her Masters of Business Administration with a focus on Human Resources at Liberty University and is also an active SHRM Volunteer.
Disclaimer: Registration and attendance at, or participation in, PHRA programs and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to our use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions and audiotapes of such programs and activities.
Pittsburgh Human Resources Association is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.The use of the HRCI seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
Cancellation Policy: Written cancellations received before Friday, July 5, 2019 will receive a full refund. No refunds will be given after July 9. Substitutes are welcome with advance written notice.