Click Here to Submit Your Nomination
Due by August 10, 2018
Are you looking to give back to the HR profession? Serving on Pittsburgh Human Resources Association's 2019 Board of Directors may be the perfect opportunity for you! The Board is an active body that not only governs the Association but also makes the strategic decisions concerning PHRA's future. Elected directors serve a three-year term with responsibilities that include attendance and participation at Board/Committee meetings and PHRA events.
- Uphold the Association's mission and vision.
- Provide legal and fiduciary oversight and responsibility for the organization.
- Approve budgets, candidate slates, and capital expenditures in excess of a specified level.
- Approve the Officers of the Association.
- Approve and measure performance against strategic plans of the Association.
- Establish and discontinue committees.
- Ensure that the Association has highly effective leadership.
- Maintain the integrity of Association services and products developed for the benefit of members.
- Actively participate in the Association through attending the programs and activities on a regular basis to provide visible support of the Association.
- Assist in identifying future leaders of the Association for Succession Planning purposes.
- Attend and participate at Board meetings.
- Click here for more details on Board responsibilities.
- Interested parties need to complete and submit the nomination form by August 10, 2018. You are welcome to submit your name or that of a qualified colleague for nomination.
- The Nominating Committee will review all submissions and contact individuals to discuss qualifications and additional details by August 13, 2018.
- Board candidate interviews will take place onSeptember 14, 2018.
- The official ballot with the final slate of Board candidates will be e-mailed to the membership by September 28, 2018.
- Voting will also be available at the Annual Conference, October 9 &10, 2018.
- All voting will conclude at 5:00 PM on October 12, 2018.
- 2019 PHRA Board of Directors will be announced to the membership by November 30, 2018.
If you would like to become involved in the Association's decision-making process and governance, submitting a nomination is your chance to offer your name or that of an interested colleague for consideration. All nominations must be completed by August 10, 2018.